It’s good to feel like a winner. If you’re feeling extra generous and want to bring some delicious fall foods to the office, to class or just make for you and some friends, these three recipes will make you a fall food champion!
- 2 cups of milk. You can use skim for a lower fat beverage or whole for a creamier version!
- 2 tablespoons of pure canned pumpkin. Use real pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon sticks
- 1-2 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- ½ cup freshly brewed strong, black coffee
- Pour milk, pumpkin and sugar into a saucepan and mix until heated over medium heat. Do not boil the mixture.
- Remove from heat and mix well together the pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and coffee.
- Pour into mugs. This recipe will make about two mugs of pumpkin spice latte.
- Add whipped cream and sprinkle a dash of pumpkin spice on top of whipped cream.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks, if desired.
- The fun part of this recipe is you can make it your own. Add more pumpkin for a more intense pumpkin experience or add more coffee for a stronger latte. If it’s just you indulging in the pumpkin latte, enjoy half and save the rest in the fridge and bring to work the next day!
- 5 pounds of apples (about 14, Gala apples works well)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Peel the skin from the apples and slice into chunks.
- Place in wide, heavy saucepan and add 1 cup of water (add more depending on how thick or thin you want sauce). Turn on medium heat.
- Combine all other ingredients. Cook covered and stir occasionally with spoon, adding more cider as needed to prevent scorching.
- Wait until apples have broken down (50-60 minutes). Mash large pieces with spoon.
- Remove from heat. Serve at warm or room temperature.
- 1 package of 10 Twinkies
- 8 oz. package of plain cream cheese
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 8 oz. container of Cool Whip, thawed
- 6 oz. of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 1-2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice. Keep on hand to sprinkle the top of the cake
- 1 cup of whole or 2% milk
- Cut the Twinkies in half lengthwise.
- Place in a 9 x 13 baking dish with the cream-side up.
- Blend together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1/2 of the container of Cool Whip and beat on low until smooth.
- Spread over the Twinkies.
- Mix the vanilla pudding with the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and milk.
- Whisk until thick and spread over cream cheese and Cool Whip layer.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over pudding layer.
- Top it off by lightly sprinkling with pumpkin pie spice.
- Place in fridge for 4-5 hours or until set.