The big game calls for good food and even better booze. But have you ever thought of combining the two? If not, then consider this recipe your introduction to amazing new world of flavor! These whiskey bourbon meatballs are perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a Sunday Night Football party or a Friendsgiving gathering. Not only are they irresistibly delicious, they’re also easy to make!
- 1 pound bag frozen meatballs
- ½ cups Ketchup (Heaping)
- ½ cups brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cups bourbon whiskey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
NOTE: 1 bag of (1 pound) frozen meatballs is only about 18 to 20 larger size meatballs. That is perfect for a small get-together. But if you’re going to a larger party, you might want to get TWO bags of meatballs, and in that case you would then DOUBLE the above ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except your meatballs. Mix up really well.
- Place your frozen meatballs into your crock pot, and pour the whiskey sauce in on top. Mix it up all around so each meatball is coated with the whiskey sauce.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, stirring a couple of times.
- Once it appears that the meatballs have somewhat thawed, turn heat down low and continue cooking for at least 1 hour. You want to be sure all the alcohol is cooked out, so low and slow is best.
Go team go!