This classic chocolate chip cookie recipe is easy, fast to bake and the whole family will love it!
There’s nothing more satisfying than that moment when you bit into an ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookie with crisp edges. Mmmm! So, if this how you like your mouthwatering cookies to taste, this recipe is for you!
You can get all elaborate with fancy dessert recipes but it’s always nice to get back to basics and make some classic homemade chocolate chip cookies! Try this recipe for a tasty weekend treat that you and your kids will love!
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of soft butter (2 sticks)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) of semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Soften your butter by leaving it out the fridge for about 30 minutes or quickly zapping in the microwave. Try not to melt the butter.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour and baking. The mix will become stiff.
- Toss in the chocolate chips and continue to evenly mix.
- Very lightly grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto the cookie sheet or roll some of the dough into small balls using your hands.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Let cool on wire rack and enjoy!
Photo Credit: April Schallau