Everyone loves a glass of chocolate milk once in awhile. This recipe satisfies that need without all the fats and calories!
In the mood for an ice-cold glass of chocolate milk? This healthy chocolate milk recipe is good and good for you! Our own Andrea Metcalf, lifestyle expert, hung out in the kitchen with Alex Catalano, author of From Beer Bongs to Broccoli. Together, they made this yummy, fresh chocolate milk. Drink it hold or cold!
Chocolate Milk Recipe
- 1 cup of almond milk, which is full of vitamin E.
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder, a non-sweetened chocolate full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Half of a banana. Adding that banana will make your chocolate milk thick and creamy, like a regular glass of chocolate milk but without the dairy fats!
- 1 tablespoon of Chia seeds, a great source of protein.
- Coconut flakes
- Cinnamon, which is great for soothing an upset stomach.
- A blender
- In a blender, add your almond milk, raw cacao powder, half of a banana, chia seeds, ice and sprinkle in a little cinnamon and blend together.
- Pour in a glass or mug.
- Sprinkle your coconut flakes on top and voila! A healthy glass of chocolate milk that you and your kids will love!
Check out more of Alex Catalano's healthy tips at !