If you have friends or family in the Caribbean, you are probably all too well aware that southern Florida, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and nearby countries have been seriously suffering lately. And even if you don't, it's hard to miss all of the hurricane coverage - and perhaps the controversy over U.S. assistance as well.
- Here's an . And here's how you can help! Donating to any of the charities on the list below helps ensure that your dollars go to a great cause.
- (which is run by the First Lady of Puerto Rico)
- The run by five former presidents that covers hurricane and natural disaster recovery efforts in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands (among other things)
- which focuses specifically on the needs of families and their children.
- for victims of Hurricane Maria
You can also donate material goods, just check out slide six of from United For Puerto Rico to see what's needed. And once things are stablized, you can volunteer in person through .
Do you have any tips or ways to help the people in Florida, Puerto, or Houston? Share it with us on or and we'll amplify the signal.